Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Wonky Finish

Most of my week was spent outside camping and finishing up the binding on my wonky blocks quilt.  I'm not entirely certain if I like the quilting I did on this quilt.  First it's hard to see what the quilting is, and second I'm not too happy with the way the variegated thread looks, I wonder if I should have gone with something solid that blended in... Oh well, I'm sure the little baby that this quilt is for will grow to like it (hahaha no pun intended :).  But before I show you the completed quilt I thought I would share a photo of my little hooligans...

Jordan and Payton
Yeah they actually look like that more often than not...  Anyhow here is that finished quilt!  Yeah  FINISH!



Here are some photo's of the back of the quilt... funny now that I see it in pictures I like it more hahaha.





Well that's about it, just a finish (I love typing that).  So onward and forward, time to focus some serious energy onto "The Big One" (see previous posts  http://quiltingcurve.blogspot.ca/2012/05/big-one.html and  http://quiltingcurve.blogspot.ca/2012/07/working-curve.html for details of this ambitious project for a novice)

I'm linking up to the Needle and Thread Network 

18 comments:

  1. Nuce bright colours , Sam. great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finish on the quilt, Kim. Your girls are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this quilt. Nicely done. Cute kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely quilt and a finished one too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little quilt...your quilting is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt refects the photo of the girls, fun and a bit wonky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yeah that's for sure! Thanks Susan.

      Delete
  7. Love the hooligans! Great job on the quilting -- it looks wonderfully whimsical! I hope you'll link it up to TGIFF - it's at Stop That Owl this week: http://stopthatowl.blogspot.com.au/.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bright colors and I really love your quilting! I think your quilting fits the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosemary, we are our hardest critics eh. I like it more, now that it's laying about the house.

      Delete
  9. Fab quilt and love the little hooligans pic!

    I think your quilting is fantastic! I only wish I could quilt like that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drew the design on the quilt with a pencil before I started. It was a little hard because it's such a loose pattern but I just followed the lines.

      Delete
  10. Oh that quilting is just gorgeous! I have a long way to go to achieve something like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could do it, just a little practice.

      Delete
  11. Congrats on a beautiful quilt and healthy children!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I would love to be camping and quilting!
    I wish one our week's vacation time coming up we could leave town, rent our favorite cabin and just have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's really awesome, and so is the quilting! I like all the color with a little bit of black thrown in, it really makes the other colors pop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sam: You amaze us with your quilting, love our kids, please send your complete adress, birthdays coming up. Love Gran & G.

    ReplyDelete