Friday, November 16, 2012
I have been tagged to participate in a fun little blogging game. Thanks to Christina over at Passion Quilting (angry face :P just kidding). If your here because you were tagged, don't feel the pressure to participate if your already rolling your eyes.
The rules are:
- Every tagged person has to tell 11 things about themselves.
- The person who tagged you asked 11 questions over at their blog, answer these questions in your post.
- Ask 11 questions of the people you tag (any quilting blogger with under 200 followers).
- Mention the person who tagged you (but don't for goodness sake tag them back!)
11 Things About Me
1. I'm into outdoor survival.
2. I have two daughters who are more like me than their father, and it's frightening.
3. I've been to Mt. Everest.
4. My quilting aspirations are extremely high and I hope I don't disappoint myself
5. I've moved my family 9 times in the past 6 years (new town almost every time)
6. I'm really tired of moving (I have half a truck load of boxes I haven't unpacked in 9 years).
7. I used to play rugby and I have numerous awards.
8. I used to love philosophy but now I find it kind of trivial compared to child psychology.
9. I think it would be unfair to get a puppy for my kids at Christmas, because I don't want a dog and it will ultimately be my dog. I don't want any more children so I will not be adopting a dog.
10. My esthetic is modern and artsy, without the fartsy.
11. My name Sam actually came from the acronym S. (short) A. (annoying) M. (midget), which I picked up in elementary somehow (it wasn't bulling because I was all of these things lol).
My Answers to the Questions
-My favorite quilt was an untitled heron quilt I completed a month ago.
What is your favorite quilting technique?
-Whichever one is going smoothest at the time.
Applique, yay or nay?
YAY! You just can't argue with the results, practice makes perfect.
Which piece of fabric that you have, or had would you do almost anything to get more?
-I just haven't found the right fabric.
What do you listen to when your are quilting?
-Audiobooks, all the way.
Are you a Spring, Summer, Autumn, or Winter colour scheme lover?
-I'm actually none of the above, I am definitely influenced by whatever colours are trending. But I will also just do what is in my mind when I plan a quilt. I plan a quilt before I find fabric for it, so I don't really go any which way.
You are stranded on a deserted island, you only have a book of needles, what your wearing, and whatever resources the island has to offer, what are you going to quilt?
-Damn, I don't know. I would probably find a way to make poison and use the needles as killer darts to find food. I would use the tendons of said food and make thread where in I would sew myself some styling island threads to be rescued in.
Is there a project you have admired but never had the courage to attempt, what is it?
- I will make a whole cloth quilt, probably in the next year. I scared but ready.
Where is your favorite place to be?
- A happy place... but sometimes it's fun to be in the righteous angry place just for a change. Or to be more literal... on a river, any river, in a canoe, with a beer.
My 11 Questions For You
1. Did you have an artistic background leading up to quilting?
2. What would you change about your quilting studio/space?
3. If you could describe you quilting style in one would what would that word be?
4. Fess up, how many UFO's do you have? (LOL you don't have to answer that if it hurts)
5. What inspires you to quilt? (show and tell, daily objects, dreams, blogs etc...)
6. What kind of information quilt wise, have you had trouble finding on the internet?
7. What is your favorite organization technique? (quilt wise)
8. What colour would you like to paint in your quilting studio/space?
9. If you could visit any country or place where would you go?
10. What is your favorite meal right now?
11. Where do you buy your fabric?
Dun, dun, dun, the tag list is as follows... although I recommend not to feel pressured into doing this if it's not fun for you, it's just a game not everyone has to play.
Michelle @ From Head to Fabric
Heather @ I'm Here, Might As Well Win
Liz @ Liz's Quilt Adventures
Michelle @ Lovatt Quilting
Michelle @ Love Chinook Winds
Colleen @ Colleen Quilts Too!
Trish @ Compulsive Quilting
Gloria @ Country Garden Quiltworks
? @ Grandmas - Bits and Pieces
Posted by Sam